Lots of us need to use unsecured Wi-Fi networks when we are in cafes, airports, hotels, etc. and that is why we need to use VPN, which allows enjoying the high level of security and privacy. There are many tools that you can use today, and one of the factors that you need to keep in mind when installing one is your operating system. So, if you have Mac and want to establish the best VPN for mac, this article is definitely for you. We will provide you with a few simple yet effective recommendations that you should follow.
Initial Information about VPN
You probably know what a VPN means, but just in case you need to get more information on that, we will provide you with some details. It is a virtual private network, sort of tunnel between several devices. VPNs are designed to protect your private web traffic. You can use it to surf the Internet in a secure way, access location-restricted websites, hide your browsing activity, and more.
Is It Possible to Use a Free VPN?
Yes, it is possible to use a free VPN because there are such tools. First of all, you should note that not all VPN solutions created for Mac work well with Mac. The thing is that using such products may bring you more troubles than benefits. For instance, your internet connection speed may reduce significantly, and your data may be sold to third parties, you may be overwhelmed with all those ads, etc. So, generally, using a free VPN is not the best idea, exceptionally, when products are allowing you to enjoy much better services at a reasonable price. However, if you are looking for the best free products, you should consider checking out the following:
- Hotspot Shield;
Choosing the Best VPN Solution for Mac
First of all, you need to determine which products seem to be interesting for you. There are lots of options that are available for users today, and the very first matter that you should mind is your location. The thing is that licenses available in Russia might not be suitable for people residing in the USA. The following are some of the options that MAC users may consider:
- NordVPN ($2.99 per month);
- ExpressVPN ($6.67 per month);
- CyberGhost ($2.75 per month);
- Surfshark ($1.99 per month);
- PrivateVPN ($1.89 per month).
How to Install a VPN
Usually, it is effortless to install a VPN. You need to choose a solution, download it to your device, and fix it. However, if something seems to be challenging, you should follow the instructions provided by the software developer. Usually, you can find them on the official website. For instance, if you choose NordVPN, you should do the following actions:
- Go to the official website and choose “Tools & Information”;
- Click on “Download”;
- When the file is on your MAC, you should open it. You will see a popup window, allowing you to drag the application icon to a folder for further installation;
- Find the icon in the folder and click it to launch it;
- For the first time, you will be asked to enter your credentials for verification. Access the login screen by clicking on the menu icon;
- Enter your “Username” and “Password” and then the “Login” button;
- Once you logged in, you will see the list of locations to choose from and other settings.