In a world where most internet browsers are wary of being under the 5-eyes jurisdiction, it is no surprise that people look for VPNs before they log on the internet. The search for these tools might touch VPNs like the Touch VPN. Wait… VPN, what is that?
A VPN is simply a virtual private network. In order words, it is an online security tool that is used to shield your online activities from prying eyes. You use a VPN to avoid sensitive information or private information leaking. These data leak because your transactions and events on the internet are logged and stored when you surf online unprotected. Which is why getting reliable VPNs is vital.
The Touch VPN is a relatively new VPN in the market. The same company produces this security tool and the app Hotspot Shield. Features of the Touch VPN to peruse include:
- Price: The Touch VPN is free! In fact, this is one of the reasons why it was able to build up a customer base in the first place. Overall, this might be the best feature of the Touch VPN as you will see in the following discourse. However, the company does offer a premium service to its customers.
- Accessibility: Touch VPN can be used on various devices. Its user interface is quite simple and easy to understand. However, it can be quite tricky to use this tool with a windows PC. It requires you have to go through some steps before you can complete the setup. Once you are able to launch it successfully, it is quite easy to navigate. All you have to do is tap or click the connect button to get it working.
- Speed: For a free VPN, server speed and performance is good enough. Without a detailed number of servers across the world, it is difficult to judge how the servers work on different devices. In most of the world, the VPN doesn’t work on window PCs.
- Privacy: The statement “you get what you pay for” has never been more real. The only reassuring fact here is that the company did not try to claim that they don’t track your activities. Contrarily, they admitted to storing records and logging your data. That is probably a way for them to make money as they can sell your data to third parties. If that is not scary enough, they are under the 5-eyes jurisdiction. This means that they can be forced to hand over your data to their government. If the main purpose of using a VPN is to guarantee your anonymity, the Touch VPN is probably not what you are looking for.
- Customer Service: It is no surprise that the only means of getting in touch with the Touch VPN’s support is by email. They have no contact number you can call or media platform you can get in touch with them on. It takes some time for their customer support staff to get across to you through email so you can as well take your time and calm down.
In conclusion, using the Touch VPN guarantees you modest speed and solid performance at the risk of your privacy. It is tough to configure on a Windows PC while it is incompatible with a Mac OS. It is simple to operate, but your activities and data transmission will be logged.